Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Katie Update

Ok. So now I'm in the hospital with Katie. Long story but as of now, they think she has an abscess in her neck. They just did a CT scan and have given her a round of IV antibiotics. She will be NPO (no food or drink) after midnight. I think he was thinking she might have to have surgery in the AM to clean all of the mess out so he put her NPO. She is in SO much pain. Her first dose of morphine did not touch the pain. They just gave her another so we'll see if this helps. Please keep her in your prayers.

On the other hand, my grandparents are doing much better. Grandmoma is still in the hospital, but they are beginning to prepare her to go home. She is getting stronger, and they have lengthened her time in between her breathing treatments. Thank you for all your prayers for her and Popa Joe!

I'll try to keep this updated so I don't have to text so much! Sorry, it takes too long to repeat text for everyone who asks. Thanks!

0 comments: