Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Can you say SCARY?!

So, today has been a wild and crazy day!

First, my mom and I get lost trying to check cow water. Apparently this new wind company had added extra cattle guards, so it took us a while to back-track to the one we actually needed.

Then, as we were getting ready for church , Mom gets a call telling her that my grandmother is being admitted to the hospital AGAIN. She got out Monday, Mom got home last evening, and she is headed there right now. Please include them in your prayers!

Since Mom is going back to Dallas, she somehow has talked me into clipping the rest of the goats and taking them (12), the Blue Gainey Girls (Kailee- 2nd grade, Sophie- 7th grade, and Caitlyn- freshman) to San Angelo for the show. Mom's goat friends are going to help me with the rest, thank goodness!

When I get home from church, Kailee gets in the shower. I'm sitting at the table filling out goat papers, when I smell burning plastic, AGAIN! (Earlier, Page and I smelt it after I got out of the shower before church, but could not find the source. It went away.) Well, I walk the ten steps to the "laundry room" and I see smoke billowing out of the hot water heater!!! I call the city's emergency number and explain the situation while getting the kids and cats out of the house. I flip the breaker to turn off the power and wait for help to arrive! My kids are freaking! "Why have I made them get on the porch in their PJs?" "Well, babies, because there is smoke coming out of the water heater and I don't want to take any chances." Panic ensues... The fire chief gets here and checks everything out, unplugs the thing from the wall, and finds out a wire has shorted and started trying to burn... and guess what did not flip? The breaker, of course!

Needless to say, before going goat showing, I have to call the electrician first! When it rains, it pours around here!

0 comments: